About The Audubon

The Audubon Apartment House was built in 1914 for the most exclusive area of the city by founder of Smith & Butterfield Stationary Co, George C. Smith. Now the building offers historic details and modern convenience in the Haynie’s Corner Arts District!

The Audubon Apartments had been known as “The Honeymoon Apartments.” When the Audubon was first built, it was considered that young married couples could not afford to buy or build a home downtown so the Audubon became their first residence.